What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Friday, July 10, 2009

Intensive Language Program

Before we left for Chile, we had to complete a diagnostic Spanish test. Upon arriving, we were placed in groups of 4 to prepare for the oral diagnostic test. We had to choose 3 themes to talk about then they would choose the theme that they wanted us to have a conversation about for 10 minutes. Maggie was so sweet because she knew that I was really nervous for the oral examination so we talked about the three different themes before she drove me to school! :) I ended up placing into Intermediate Advanced. It has turned out to be the perfect level for me because it is a little bit challenging but I am keeping up with everything thus far. Classes are 5 days a week for the next 3 weeks. We concentrate a lot on grammar as well as vocabulary, canciones, audiovisual media such as watching and analyzing Chilean movies, and we also talk alot about Chilean culture and politics. I am learning SO MUCH about the city that I am going to live in for the next 6 months. My teachers name is Margot and she served 8 years in the Peace Corps teaching Spanish in various countries. Aside from this, she has the most sophisticated fashion sense of anyone I have ever met. haha It is so true though...that woman knows how to dress! I feel that this Intensive Language Program has give me a lot of confidence with my Spanish speaking. I know that it is greatly preparing me for life at a Chilean university for 5 months. I am trying to learn all that I can and really taking advantage of this opportunity I have been given to study in this beautiful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers