What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Friday, July 10, 2009

Algarrobo







After a few days of settling into our new family stay and our new home, we set out on a two day orientation to Algarrobo. This is a small beach town that was practically a ghost town while we were there. This is because it is winter in Chile, but it was cool because it was like we had a hotel to ourselves. The place was beautiful! Roaring fire in the fireplace, antique furniture, and great food! Annie and I had a room on the first floor and Annie didn't feel comfortable to be down there so we asked for a change of room. The new one was on the 4th floor with an ocean view so we were both happy that we said something! :) Those days passed fast but basically it was just a chance to meet a lot of cool people, get all the information about the EAP program, our future Chilean university, and all that fun stuff...

After getting back from the Algarrobo trip, Annie invited me over to spend the night. I was SUPER tired but it ended up being fun. A group of us just drank some vino and had a heart-to-heart. The next day we explored Providencia which is a comuna with a ton of shopping. We went to a two story ice cream store that reminded me of the movie Good Burger...except if this place was in a movie, it would be called Good Ice Cream. I took my first taxi home from Annie's after a fun day in Providencia. I was scared at first to take a taxi at night and worried that I wouldn't be able to find my house. But one of the many things I have learned here is that it is scary to do something new for the first time. Then the next time is easier...and the next time is even easier. You just have a keep an open mind and an open heart while you are experiencing a new culture because literally EVERYTHING is something that you have to learn!

1 comment:

  1. Loving this bottom left hand picture Ray! I think it says A LOT...

    And Mom and I also really loved that top picture (on a pier right?). You're looking better than ever!

    I sure do love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers