What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good 'Ole Starbucks

My first experience at Starbucks in Chile was magical. Jeanny and I met Megan there so we could all study...but mainly talk. Let's be honest here. Who really goes to Starbucks with good friends to just study?? haha The Starbucks is about 4 blocks from my house and it is huge and there is even a fountain outside. It is amazing...to say the least. I went up to the counter to order my coffee and it went like this:

Rose: Hola, me gustaría un Misto. Lo se vende?
Starbucks Girl: (confusion) Que es un Misto?
Rose: Ohhh ummm es....
Starbucks Dude: You can speak English to me and I will translate.
Rose: No...voy a tratar de decirlo en espanol. Pero gracias...Un misto es una mitad de cafe negro y una mitad de chocolate caliente.
Starbucks Girl: Como una mocha?
Rose: Si como eso. Sería mas facil si me da una mocha.

Once I had gotten my coffee, I thanked the guy again but said that I was trying to speak Spanish as much as possible. When we left the Starbucks about an hour later, the guy asked us where we were from. "Somos de California...en el sur." He proceeded to tell us that he grew up in Palmdale...this hella Chilean looking guy actually grew up in a town that is just 2 hours from me and Megan. He even knew Llano (for everyone who doesn't know Llano, it is a TINY town in the desert between Palmdale and Pinon Hills <--where me and Meg grew up). So this past Sunday, Megan and I went to see HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince. Loved it! And I wouldn't have wanted to see it with anyone else. Then we went back to Starbucks to do some Spanish studying and Chris was there again. He ended up giving us free coffee and teaching us some Chilenismos too. What a small world it is. Hope you enjoy the following pictures. Megan and I got a "surprise present" in our movie meal which was definitely a pack of tiny dinosaurs. So we decided to make the most of our awesome present in Starbucks. Much love to all of the people who take the time to read this blog. I love sharing my experiences with you all and I trust that you are all having a ton of fun too! MISS YOU ALL TONS! :)

Megan and I have so much talent that it's scary sometimes.

The newest ad for Starbucks coffee

I started naming all of the dinosaurs' scientific names like Brachiasaurus, Stegasaurus, and Triceratops. Megan didn't understand how I knew all of the names until I explained that Will had wanted to be a Palientologist for a good majority of his childhood. Thanks to Dinosaur Parade and our days spent in Fern Gully with his extensive collection of Dimetrodons and Tyrannosaurus Rexes, all of the Linehan kids have quite the vocabulary when it comes to dinosaurs.

So artsy yet so misunderstood.

Oh YEAH...my best friend is here in Chile with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers