What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Monday, August 3, 2009

A Night At The Orchestra

This weekend Jeanny and I went to see our first Chilean orchestra! There are few words to describe how amazing it was. We sat up on the balcony and the tickets were only about $3 for students! I couldn't believe it. There was a full orchestra and the featured soloist played the oboe which is one of my favorite instruments. The sound is so haunting that I often have to close my eyes when I hear it. It just fills you with this inner peace...that's the only way I know how to explain it. It was a great night and we got to brush elbows with Santiago's upper crust and really experience something cultural. This beautiful city continues to surprise me with all of the opportunities it has to offer!

Our view from the balcony

Those are some classy ladies.

My friend Jeanny & I being goofy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers