What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bellas Artes y El Merado Central

My friend Karen, Meggy, and I went exploring two weekends ago to El Mercado Central and to El Museo de Bellas Artes. The following pictures help to explain all that I saw that day and learned about Santiago. Karen is an awesome person and I am so happy that I happened to meet her on the street one day outside of my university. Amongst our many similaties, she was born in Kansas, lived for the past 3 years in Colorado (where I want to move), and currently lives in San Diego. She is here for 2 months researching for her master's thesis on sexuality and the morning-after-pill in Chile. She is one of the smartest people I have ever had the pleasure to talk to, and of course I think the same of Megan so I was very priveleged to pass time with those girls during our day of exploration. We went to the Museo de Bellas Artes to see the new exhibit Post-It City which was as cool as we'd expected. Oh during lunch I mentioned to Karen that I wanted to be a physical therapist and she was like: "Oh you should talk to my uncle...he's a physical therapist." I was like: "Ya for sure! Where does he work?" She proceeded to tell me that he is the physical therapist for the USC FOOTBALL TEAM!!! So apparently we're all going to get lunch in LA some time when I return from Chile. Not a bad connection, huh? :) We ended the day with a coffee break in a quaint little coffee shop in Bellavista where we talked for a good two hours about all sort of elevated topics. I say this because like I said before, I really enjoy passing time with Karen and Megan because they both have a lot of interesting things to say about the world. I usually am content to just sip my coffee and listen but sometimes I feel it appropriate to state my own opinion...but for the most part, I am happy to listen to their opinions about the world. Basically I am just a lucky girl to be able to surround myself with people who offer me edification as opposed to people who make me unable to by myself. Here's some pics from the day of Santiago exploration:

Me, Meggy, and Karen out on our adventure

My City, My Mountains

A pretty fountain near Cerro Santa Lucia

My favorite photo at the exhibit al Museo de Bellas Artes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers