What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For me to remember...

1) It's so cold in the D.

2) Leon Polar's Miedo is the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

3) What the heck in Deja Vu? People always have different definitions and different thoughts about this phenomenon, but Megan and I were talking about it and we have full on dreams because when were just going about our lives, something will happen that sparks this memory that we must have dreamed previously because then scene that plays out for the 30ish seconds next is exactly as I had dreamed it. Craaaaazy when you think about it...but in my thoughts, I start wondering how I could possibly dream the future?

4) I was talking to Gary today and told him about the phenomenon I have seen with people explaining situations in their life with a sort of unanimated view like: Hey did you go to Machu Picchu?!?? Answer: Yeah. It was hot. -- Well I told Gary that and he said I guess that's why we have art. I found it a particularly interesting answer because maybe some experiences that we ourselves live are just too difficult to express in words and thus through art are able to get it across to people that actual gravity of the situation. Quizas. OK buenas noches...

5) If you didn't believe me about how crazy our trekking experience was, just read this awesome article that a girl in my program wrote for the Chilean yet english-written magazine Revolver. http://www.santiagomagazine.cl/index.php/en/living/357-trekking-in-the-andes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers