What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in a familiar neck of the woods

I started my day by going to my CPR class, but then I drove out to Goleta to meet someone for coffee. The trip, while seemingly simple, was quite eye opening. By being in Goleta, I am always overcome by all the memories from last year...before I had gone to Chile, after my crazy sophomore year, and while I was loving life living with my sister. I will never be able to walk into Costco, Albertsons, or even the laundry place without thinking of last year and how memorable it was. Gosh, I am just so thankful for all of those amazing memories.

But now time has passed. I have been to Chile and back again. I know more about the world. I know more about myself. I have new memories that are layered on top of the old ones and even though I am back in Santa Barbara, I am living a totally different live. I am downtown...without my sister...in new classes...close to graduation...etc etc etc. Life is funny like that. Even though I feel so different inside, I am, at the same time, the same person that I have always been. I think that I have been a little too hard on myself these past three months that I have been back. This is for many different reasons, which I will not go into detail about. But I have to keep reminding myself that after all the changes that I have been through...all the times that I have had to adapt to my surroundings no matter how difficult it was...I am always there to support my inner self. I have to always be strong to support myself because in the end, it is us against this world.

The last thing that I want to add is that I have come to the realization that thinking too much can easily breed sadness. Sometimes it helps to just not think too much...to not beat ourselves up about every little thing...to just veg out from time to time. I have to remember that. OK well the nostalgic smell of coffee beans mixed with smooth jazz has successfully overwhelmed me. Thus I shall retire with a nice cup of tea while I await my friend. My new friend. One amongst the many that I have already made within these three months of being back. Oh this life is unpredictable. With a positive attitude and a smile, I will continue to push forward and let myself be surprised by all the things I can discover. Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers