What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World
“Whenever you throw a stone into the water, you never know where it will land, how many ripples it will create, where those ripples will go or what they will touch. So keep tossing stones. It's the only way to live.” --Sally Rose

Sunday, November 29, 2009

i have chilean friends....and gringo friends too!

So I am trying to finish up my work and when I finish these essays, I realize that I need someone to look over them because there are bound to be mistakes. I didn't have anyone look over the 15 page bioarch one but I ended up getting a B+ so that was lucky. For my medical anthropology paper of 15 pages, my friend Cris who is a Chilean from Starbucks told me that he would help me read it. I went over to his apartment yesterday and he read through it with me and he was so nice! He told me he was totally hooked into the story and couldn't wait to finish it! He even told his friends that night all about my two case studies and the interesting program at the school where I did the research. Then I remembered that Meg's chilean roommate Sandra had totally saved me by helping me listen to the audiotracks from the interviews I had done with the mothers of the patients and the psychologist because it was so hard to decipher what they were saying. She sat with me for like 2 hours helping me with that. And then my friend Pablo just called and asked what I was up to and if he could come by and visit me and Megan. Oh AND I am writing my paper for my investigation with the Gastronomy class at Puente Alto and I emailed Mariela who is the English teacher at the school and a dear friend. I asked if she wouldn't mind reading through the paper and she just emailed back and said it would be no problem! Plus I'm just happy because last night while I was at Chris' house I got a call from Anna who wanted to have a movie night and Gary who wanted to hang out! I just feel loved amidst all of this school stuff that I still have lingering over me. And as I lie here on my best friends bed in her comfy apartment and think about how Gary, Meg, Sandra, and I enjoyed a lovely breakfast this morning all together, I am filled with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers